Connect with us

News

UAE-Israel trade deal to be signed next year: Envoy

Published

on

Spread the love

The talks between Israel and the United Arab Emirates for a robust trade deal are advancing successfully and a signing ceremony will be held next year.

This was disclosed by Israel’s new ambassador to the UAE, Amir Hayek, while talking to the state news agency.

Hayek said that the Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) will be signed within the nine-month timeframe.

During the interview, he said that the sky is the limit in relations with the UAE, adding that the CEPA is vital for enhancing the bilateral trade ties.

Hayek’s interview comes as the Federation of Israeli Chambers of Commerce has projected that trade between the UAE and Israel could surge to $1.5 billion by the end of this year. The FICC sees this trade volume at over $5 billion within two to three years.

In the meantime, the president of the UAE-Israel Business Council said that the number of Israeli companies operating in the UAE is expected to double within a year.

In July, Dorian Barak, who is also the founder of Indigo Strategic Partners, said that he expects over 1,000 Israeli companies to be active in the UAE by next July. He said the coronavirus pandemic could be the only hurdle in enhancing bilateral economic ties.

Meanwhile, the UAE’s Economy Minister Abdulla Bin Touq has said that his country is seeking to grow economic ties with Israel to more than $1 trillion over the next decade.

Speaking at a virtual conference from the US, he said that the UAE has signed over 60 memorandums of understanding (MoUs) with Israel since normalising relations in 2020.

He added that currently, the UAE and Israel are engaged in up to $700 million dollars of bilateral trade and both sides have already announced joint funds of billions of dollars.

Earlier this month, the UAE also announced plans to strengthen its trade ties with the fast-growing economies in Asia and Africa.

India

New Indian passport centres in UAE: How Alhind will offer cheaper, faster services

Published

on

Spread the love

India’s Embassy in Abu Dhabi awarded Kerala-based Alhind Group a multi-year outsourcing contract to manage consular support services for more than four million Indians living in the UAE. Beginning July 1, Alhind will officially replace BLS International, which has handled Indian consular services in the UAE since 2011.

The company will launch 16 centres across all seven emirates, including smaller cities such as Al Ain, Kalba and Khor Fakkan, in one of the largest overhauls of Indian consular operations in the Gulf.

The centres will process passport renewals, OCI cards, police clearance certificates and Indian visa applications, alongside apostille, attestation and Global Entry verification services.

A flat Dh19 service fee above government charges will be applicable when using a new digital back-office system aimed at reducing processing times.

Locations of centres

The locations of all 16 centres. Abu Dhabi will have six branches located in Al Khalidiya, Al Reem Island, Musaffah, Madinat Zayed, Ghayathi and Al Ain.

Dubai will be served by centres in Bur Dubai and Dubai Investment Park (DIP), while Sharjah will have locations in Al Majaz and Rolla. Additional centres will operate in Ajman, Fujairah, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, Kalba and Khor Fakkan.

The Indian Embassy has advised applicants to monitor official channels for updated document checklists and transition procedures. Existing BLS appointments scheduled after June 30 are expected to be shifted automatically to the nearest Alhind centre.

Continue Reading

News

Dubai Police prepares for Eid holidays with major citywide operations

Published

on

Spread the love

Dubai authorities have rolled out a large-scale security and traffic management plan ahead of the Eid Al Adha holidays, deploying 1,642 patrols, helicopters, marine units and emergency teams across the emirate.

The plan, coordinated by Dubai’s Event Security Committee, covers major mosques, prayer grounds, tourist attractions, shopping centres, beaches and key roads to ensure smooth traffic flow and public safety during the busy holiday period.

Major General Saif Muhair Al Mazrouei, Assistant Commandant for Operations Affairs and Chairperson of the Event Security Committee, said the operation includes 37 land rescue patrols, 29 marine security boats, two helicopters, 160 ambulatory points, 208 Civil Defence vehicles and six operations rooms working around the clock.

Public transport capacity has also been increased, with 106 trains, 14,500 taxis, 18,500 limousine vehicles, 1,400 public buses and 55 marine transport vehicles operating during Eid.

Resident told to follow rules

Authorities urged residents to follow traffic rules, avoid reckless driving and use emergency numbers responsibly. Dubai Police advised the public to call 999 only for emergencies and 901 for non-emergency assistance.

The committee also warned against dangerous activities during Eid celebrations, including speeding in desert areas, unsafe jet ski use near family beaches and allowing children to play with fireworks.

Police to host celebrations

As part of the festivities, Dubai Police and partners will host sports and entertainment activities for workers in areas including Jebel Ali, Al Quoz, Al Satwa and Al Muhaisnah during the first two days of Eid.

Continue Reading

News

How the UAE Is protecting pilgrims during Hajj season

Published

on

Spread the love

The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) has confirmed that 100 per cent of UAE pilgrims travelling for Hajj this year received all mandatory vaccinations before departure, as part of a nationwide effort to ensure a safe pilgrimage season.

The announcement comes under the UAE’s Healthy and Safe Hajj campaign, a large-scale health initiative involving medical authorities, healthcare providers and government partners across the country.

Mandatory vaccines for pilgrims

Officials said all pilgrims received the required meningococcal vaccine before travelling, while additional vaccines, including:

  • seasonal flu shots
  • pneumococcal vaccines

were strongly recommended, particularly for elderly pilgrims and people with chronic illnesses.

Free medical screenings were also carried out before departure, including:

  • blood pressure checks
  • blood sugar testing

Healthcare institutions, including Imperial College London Diabetes and Endocrinology Centre supported the campaign.

As part of preparations, UAE medical teams conducted full emergency response simulations to test readiness before the pilgrimage began.

Heat exhaustion and dehydration among biggest concerns

Authorities said special attention is being given to:

  • Older adults
  • Pregnant women
  • Pilgrims with chronic illnesses

MoHAP warned that heat exhaustion, dehydration, blisters and skin injuries remain among the most common health risks during Hajj.

To reduce risks, pilgrims have been advised to:

  • Stay hydrated
  • Avoid direct sun exposure
  • Wear masks in crowded areas
  • Use sanitiser regularly
  • Wear comfortable footwear
  • Follow medication schedules carefully

Health guidance has also been distributed through:

  • SMS alerts
  • Mobile apps
  • Digital awareness campaigns

Medical support after pilgrimage

MoHAP confirmed that returning pilgrims will receive:

  • Follow-up health checks
  • Monitoring for possible complications
  • Access to electronic medical records
  • Specialist follow-up for high-risk cases

Officials said the system is designed to create a fully integrated preventive healthcare model supporting pilgrims before, during and after Hajj.

Continue Reading

Popular

© Copyright 2025 HEADLINE. All rights reserved

https://headline.ae/