Connect with us

News

Dubai becomes first certified autism destination in eastern hemisphere

Published

on

Spread the love

Dubai has officially been recognised as the first Certified Autism Destination in the Eastern Hemisphere. This achievement highlights the city’s efforts to make its tourism more accessible and inclusive for everyone, including residents and visitors with autism and sensory needs.

The certification, awarded by the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards (IBCCES), was a result of extensive collaboration between the Dubai Department of Economy and Tourism (DET) and various local partners. Key initiatives included staff training, improved support at attractions, and the introduction of sensory guides and special lanyards to help visitors with hidden disabilities.

This milestone supports Dubai’s economic goals, which include enhancing talent development, social inclusion, and quality of life for all. It also aligns with the UAE Year of Community, promoting inclusive spaces and shared experiences.

As part of the certification process, more than 70,000 people have received autism and sensory awareness training, including employees from over 300 hotels and more than 15 attractions across the city. Notable sites, such as Dubai International Airport and Expo City Dubai, have earned recognition for their efforts to support visitors with autism.

Issam Kazim, CEO of Dubai’s tourism corporation, said the recognition reflects the city’s commitment to accessibility, and it’s part of the ongoing effort to make Dubai a top global destination for both business and leisure.

The city’s commitment to accessibility extends to airlines as well. Emirates has become the world’s first Autism Certified Airline™, with over 30,000 staff trained to assist autistic travellers.

Additionally, all certified locations in Dubai will be featured on the IBCCES Accessibility App, which provides real-time information about sensory-friendly spaces and recommended destinations for those with special needs.

With over 35 years of experience in journalism, copywriting, and PR, Michael Gomes is a seasoned media professional deeply rooted in the UAE’s print and digital landscape.

News

Traffic disruption expected this weekend in Abu Dhabi

Published

on

Spread the love

Motorists in Abu Dhabi are being advised to expect delays this weekend after Abu Dhabi Mobility announced a partial closure on Arabian Gulf Street (E20).

According to officials, the closure affects the left lane heading towards Abu Dhabi and is part of ongoing traffic and infrastructure improvement works across the capital.

The temporary closure began at 12am on Friday, May 8, and will remain in effect until 5am on Monday, May 11.

Authorities have urged drivers to plan journeys ahead of time, allow for extra travel time and follow directional signs in the affected area to avoid congestion.

The latest traffic update comes as Abu Dhabi continues infrastructure upgrades aimed at improving traffic flow and road safety across key routes in the emirate.

Continue Reading

News

Abu Dhabi introduces new restrictions for delivery riders on highways

Published

on

Spread the love

Delivery riders in Abu Dhabi will soon face new road restrictions aimed at improving safety and easing traffic flow across key highways in the capital.

From May 15, authorities will ban delivery riders from using roads with speed limits of 120kph or higher, according to an announcement by Integrated Transport Centre, also known as Abu Dhabi Mobility.

The new rule also applies to a busy stretch of Sheikh Zayed Street between Sheikh Zayed Bridge and Sheikh Zayed Tunnel.

Officials said the move is designed to enhance road safety and improve traffic movement on some of the emirate’s most heavily used routes.

The decision follows similar measures introduced in Dubai last year, where delivery riders were restricted from using fast lanes on major highways.

Under Dubai’s rules, riders are not allowed to use the two leftmost lanes on roads with five lanes or more. On roads with three or four lanes, the leftmost lane is also off limits.

Authorities across the UAE have increasingly focused on delivery rider safety as the sector continues to grow rapidly alongside demand for food delivery and e-commerce services.

Continue Reading

Education

CBSE issues urgent deadline for schools on new language rule

Published

on

Spread the love

The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India has asked all affiliated schools to urgently speed up the rollout of the third language (R3) for Class VI students ahead of the 2026–27 academic year.

In a fresh directive, CBSE said several schools are yet to complete the required process under the National Curriculum Framework for School Education 2023, while some institutions have submitted language options that do not comply with policy guidelines.

May 31 deadline for schools

The Board has now made it compulsory for all schools, including schools in UAE, to upload and finalise their third-language selections on the OASIS portal by May 31.

Schools that entered incorrect or non-approved language options have also been instructed to correct their submissions before the deadline.

Textbooks to arrive by July

The Board said textbooks for scheduled Indian languages will be available on the CBSE and National Council of Educational Research and Training platforms from July 1.

For non-scheduled languages, schools can use SCERT or state-approved textbooks, provided they align with the learning outcomes set under NCFSE-2023.

Focus on Indian languages

The Board reiterated that schools must offer at least two Indian languages under the R1, R2 and R3 language structure. Institutions that have not yet begun implementation have been directed to start teaching on July 1.

Push for full implementation

With timelines now clearly defined, CBSE is increasing pressure on schools to complete all pending formalities before the new academic session begins.

Continue Reading

Popular

© Copyright 2025 HEADLINE. All rights reserved

https://headline.ae/